What is changing?
First Bank is launching a brand new Online Banking and Bill Pay system, including an all new look, improved navigation, greater functionality and new features such as overnight payments, person-to-person payments and Mobile Banking.
Why is this change being made?
The usage of Online Banking and Bill Pay continues to grow and this new system allows us to offer our customers a much improved Online Banking experience including better usability, increased security and access to new features such as Mobile Banking.
When is this change happening?
The process begins at 6pm CST Friday night, November 12, and runs through 7am CST Monday morning, November 15, when we officially launch the new Online Banking system.
What do I need to do?
The good news is you really don't have to do anything. We will make sure all your accounts, account history and Bill Pay Payees are available on the new system. We will not be able to move any Alerts, Secure Messages or Bill Pay History over to the new system so you may want to take a minute to print any you wish to keep prior to the launch of the new system. If you want to verify any Bill Payments, Payees, scheduled or recurring transfers on the new system, you will want to print a copy prior to the conversion to the new system.
Will I lose information?
We will not be able to move any Alerts, Secure Messages or Bill Pay History over to the new system. All accounts, account history (including completed Bill Payments), Bill Pay Payees and scheduled Bill Payments or Transfers will be available on the new system.
Will I still be able to access the old system?
No, there will be no access to the old Online Banking system after 6pm CST on Friday, November 12.
What will happen to payments or transfers I have scheduled?
Scheduled payments or transfers will automatically move to the new system and will be processed on the scheduled date.
Will I need to register on the new system?
You will not need to register on the new system. However, we will ask you to complete a few security related tasks and indicate your acceptance of the new Online Banking Terms and Conditions upon your first log-in.
What will I need to do the first time I log in?
To log in, use the new blue box on the upper left of the First Bank home page (www.firstbanks.com) to enter your User ID. You will then:
- Accept the new Terms and Conditions
- Choose a Truestamp – replace the generic image with an image and word of your choice. The Truestamp lets you know you have successfully reached First Bank’s site and it is safe to enter your password.
- Provide a four digit code – a four digit combination of your choice that is used to improve security in certain transactions by helping to verify the user.
- Provide answers to four security questions - if we receive a log-in request from a different computer or location than where you normally log in, we will ask the user to answer these challenge questions to help us verify who is attempting to log in.
- Change your password – for improved security, passwords will now have the following minimum requirements:
- 8 to 30 characters in length
- Some combination of 3 of the following:
- Upper case letters
- Lower case letters
- Special characters (for example # or %)
We recommend your password not contain repeated characters (for example aaa111 or ball222).
What changes will I see on the new system?
In addition to a completely new look and feel, First Bank’s new Online Banking system will now offer you an Overview page that incorporates all your accounts and activity in one location. You will see the available balance in your accounts, any pending or scheduled transfers as well as your recent transactions. With a click of the mouse you will also be able to initiate a transfer or payment, or select an account to get more details. See the demo link on the New Online Banking page for a sneak preview of the new system.
Will my eStatements be available on the new system?
Yes, your eStatements will be available on the new system. If you have not yet registered for eStatements, we encourage you to sign up and begin enjoying the added safety and convenience of receiving your statements electronically.
Are there any new features available?
First Bank’s new Online Banking includes many exciting and useful new features such as:
- Easier and faster Bill Payment – allows you to quickly set up multiple payments and the money comes out of your account on the due date, and in some cases you can overnight the payment
- E-bills – you can receive your bills electronically through Online Banking and even set up auto payments to save you even more time
- Person-to-Person Payments – you can quickly send a payment to anyone with just their cell phone number or e-mail address
- Mobile Banking – check your balances, recent transactions, make transfers or pay bills, any time, any place, all from your mobile phone. You will be able to choose the option that is right for you, quick text messages or a version of Online Banking that is optimized for your phone’s smaller screen.
- Financial Management Tools – allow you to categorize and track your spending
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If the online Help files do not answer your question, you can either send us a secure message from Online Banking or call us at 1-800-760-BANK (2265), then press Option 3.