Are you tired of having to run to the ATM every time your children need money? Do you want to provide some financial education to help your kids be more prepared when they are on their own? Or do you just want to ensure that your children have access to cash in an emergency situation? First Bank can help. Parents can open a joint checking account with children under the age of 21 that offers the child their own debit card – their First Card.
Our First Card works just like our standard First Bank Debit Card, with some added benefits:
- Daily limits are lower to align more closely with your childs spending habits.
- First Card is a MasterCard® debit card, so it is accepted anywhere MasterCard Debit is accepted.
- First Card can be used with a PIN to get cash back at participating merchants and at more than 900,000 ATMs worldwide. There’s no fee to use a First Bank ATM.
- And as the joint owner of the checking account, you can monitor the account and card usage online and even request that an email notify you if/when the account balance falls below a threshold you determine.
- If your child’s First Card is lost or stolen, report it immediately to First Bank and benefit from MasterCard’s zero liability promise.
MasterCard® SecureCode™ provides added peace of mind when making purchases online. Just like using a PIN at the ATM, a private code is required when using a First Card at participating online merchants. Once the cardholder’s identity is confirmed by First Bank, the purchase is complete. It's that fast, easy, and that much more secure! Register, log on or learn more about MasterCard SecureCode.
Visit our Teens & Money section to help your child learn about budgeting, college costs, buying a car and more!
To request a First Card for your child, call or visit the location nearest you.