THE MAKING HOME AFFORDABLE PROGRAM
In March 2009, the Obama Administration announced an initiative to help stabilize the housing market and help eligible homeowner’s refinance or modify their mortgage loans to prevent foreclosure. This Making Home Affordable program offers assistance to homeowners struggling to make their mortgage payments.
The program is made up of two components:
- Home Affordable Refinance Program – designed to assist homeowners with loans owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac who have continue to make their monthly payments but are unable to take advantage of today’s low interest rates and refinance their mortgage loan due to falling property values.
- Home Affordable Modification Program – designed to assist homeowners who are currently behind on their mortgage payments or those who anticipate financial difficulty as a result of the current economic environment.
Learn more about the program and find out if you are among the 7 to 9 million homeowners who may benefit from the Making Home Affordable program. This website provides information about the program and online self-assessment tools to assist homeowners determine if they are eligible for the program, and more.
Customers Who Are Experiencing Payment Problems
If you are currently delinquent or struggling to stay current with your mortgage loan at First Bank or First Bank Mortgage, you may be eligible for a Home Affordable Modification of your loan or a Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative. A modification of your current loan might be available to assist you by decreasing the amount of your monthly mortgage payments. Please gather the following information before contacting us at 800- 876-5566, ext. 3110, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT:
- Information about your monthly gross (pre-tax) income for all borrowers on the loan,
include recent pay stubs or documentation of income received from other sources.
- Your most recent tax return.
- Any information about a second mortgage on the home.
- Account balances and payments on all credit cards.
- Account balances and payments on other debts; such as student loans and/or car loans.
Customers Who Are Current on Payments
If you are current on your mortgage and your loan is guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, you may be eligible for refinancing through the Home Affordable Refinance Program. Visit the official Making Home Affordable website to find out if your loan is eligible and whether or not your loan is guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.