Online banking can be an easy way to manage your finances in a safe and secure way. From any
computer with Internet access, you can conduct a variety of banking transactions anytime and
anywhere. With Online Banking you can:
- Monitor balances and transactions
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- View check images
- Establish notifications for balance thresholds
Be sure to read your Banks’ online banking agreement and understand the terms and conditions and any fees associated with the services offered.
- Never share your User ID and Password with anyone.
- Protect your account information, account numbers, card numbers and PIN.
- Immediately contact your Bank if you believe your User ID and Password have been compromised.
- Don’t have your computer ‘remember’ your User ID and Password.
- Be careful when using a computer in a public area where someone could watch you enter your User ID and password.
- Do not respond to e-mails or pop-up windows asking you to provide, verify or update personal information such as password, PIN, Social Security Number, etc., even if they appear to be from a reputable source.
- Never go to a link you receive within an e-mail, even if it appears to be from a reputable source.
- Be cautious of emails that warn you that your account may be at risk, notify you that fraudulent activity or charges exist on your account, or convey a sense of urgency. These often include details of the suspicious activity requesting you respond to the email or ‘click here’ to visit their site to update your information.
Learn more about protecting yourself from fraud and identity theft.