Passwords are important. Being creative with your password is even more important. A strong password goes a long way toward keeping your personal information and accounts safe.
Best Practices for Secure Passwords
- Use complex passwords that include letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Make passwords at least eight characters in length.
- Change your password every three to six months.
- Do not store your passwords in a document on your computer.
- Never use your Social Security Number in your user ID or password.
- Make sure your new password is significantly different from a previous password.
When you login to First Bank eBanking or other secure locations, it's not uncommon to be asked to answer a challenge question first. This offers an extra layer of security to protect you. Even on sites you know are legitimate, beware of requests for other types of personal or account information.