First Bank's Hiring Process
Our Hiring Process has been designed to be simple and easy. Search for a Job, create a profile, apply, check on the status of your application and receive status updates.
At various stages during the Hiring Process, you will receive status updates via email communication. Please add us as a trusted contact as we don’t want you to miss any of our communications.
Create a personal profile using one of the two available options:
- Personal email and password
- LinkedIn profile
Upload your most current resume:
- Update your resume at any time. It’s in your best interest to keep it current.
- Search for open positions that fit your experience and qualifications.
- Apply for your desired position(s).
Our Recruiting Process
- A recruiter or team member will review your resume and carefully compare your qualifications to the requirements of the position for which you applied.
- If you meet the requirements for the position, your profile will be compared to similar candidates and considered further.
- If you are determined to be a qualified candidate, we will contact you regarding the next steps, which may include on- site interviews with one or more First Bank team members.
- We will notify you if you are not selected for a position for which you applied or were interviewed.
- We encourage you to periodically check your email as you may be notified electronically.
- If you do not receive further consideration, please do not be discouraged! Your skills and experience may be better suited for another opportunity within the Bank.
- We encourage you to return to our Career Center on a regular basis. Having previously created a profile, you can easily apply for other jobs as opportunities arise. In addition, you can set up alerts to receive a notification if a position(s) you are interested in becomes available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I see what positions are available?
At any given time, there are a number of opportunities available. To find current openings, just select “Begin Search” in our Career Center without using any filter criteria.
Where do you have locations?
We have locations in Eastern Missouri, Southern Illinois and California.
What benefits does First Bank offer?
We offer competitive benefits in our market. View specific offerings.
What do I do if I forgot my password to the Career Center?
Select “Forgot my Password” located on the login page, and follow the steps to reset your password.
Can I use my social media credentials to create a profile?
Yes. We encourage you to use your social media profile (i.e. LinkedIn); however, we are unable to reset a social media profile password. You must reset it using their password reset process.
I cannot remember my login information. Should I create a new account?
Creating multiple profiles isn’t encouraged as it becomes confusing for you as well as for us. We recommend trying the following options first:
- Click on the applicable social media icon located on the login screen.
- Did you recently change your email address? If so, try the old email.
- Is your caps lock enabled or is your number lock key disabled?
- Clear your internet browser cache (i.e. delete “cookies”).
- Use the Password reset option.
- If you have any issues with our process please
How often are job postings updated?
Our website is updated with new opportunities as soon as they become available. Through our career site, you can set up automatic notifications if a certain type of position becomes available.
Am I applying for a job by creating a profile?
No. Our Career Centers allows you to set up a profile with basic information about yourself as well as your resume. Once your profile is complete, you can apply to open positions within the Career Center. Applying to a position means you are expressing interest in a specific position within our organization. We are not able to consider you for employment until you apply for a specific position for which you meet the qualifications.
How often can I update my profile?
You can update your profile as often as needed.
Can I apply for more than one position at a time?
Yes. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, you may “apply” for as positions as you would like.
I submitted a resume when I applied, why am I being asked to complete an application?
All applicants who will be or have been interviewed must thoroughly complete our employment application. This application is the legal document giving us a more comprehensive look at your work history and also allows us to perform the necessary criminal history and employment background checks.
How will I know if you received my application?
Once you “apply” for a position, our system will send an email to the email address within your profile. Don’t forget to add us as a trusted contact to make sure you receive our emails.
First Bank is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.