Whether you are buying or building for today or for the future you need the right tools.
Home Purchase Checklist
If you are ready to pursue a home loan through First Bank Mortgage, here is a quick list of items we will ask of you when we begin the loan approval process.
- Personal check to pay for appraisal and credit report
- Name and address of all employers for the last 2 years including dates of employment and the human resource office phone number
- Account numbers, balances and monthly payments for all outstanding creditors. Common examples might be a credit card, car loan or a student loan.
- Your previous addresses for the past 2 years (if applicable)
- Photo identification (a federal financial institution requirement for any individual who opens an account)
- W-2 forms - prior two years
- Paycheck stubs covering your most recent 30 days of employment
- Bank statements - prior two months. Must include the financial institution name, address, specific account numbers and your account balance amounts.
- Asset account statements. Common examples include any type of IRA, 401K, mutual funds and stock investments.
- Copy of complete divorce decree (if applicable)
- Tax returns for the past two years. We will need to see all schedules for self-employed individuals with 25% or more ownership.
- Copy of the listing, purchase agreement, or closing statement for your present home that is for sale or already sold.
- Bankruptcy and discharge papers (if applicable)
- Purchase agreement and all addendum signed by the buyer and seller if you are purchasing a home
- Realtor information - we will need the realtor name and their primary contact information
- Property information listing sheet or computer print-out indicating lot size, taxes, square footage and year built
- Seller’s disclosure for home you are buying (Applies for VA & FHA Loans)
- Certificate of eligibility (Applies for a VA Loan)
- Copy of Warranty Deed (If subject property is owned free and clear)
- Phone number and address of your licensed builder, blueprint plans, legal description of lot, build specifications and a copy of the contract (New Home Construction Only)
Refinancing Your Home? We’ve Included a Home Refinance Checklist!
You’ve made an excellent choice to refinance your home with First Bank Mortgage! In order to expedite the home mortgage refinance process, we’ve included a list of items you’ll need to have on-hand and available:
Personal Employment Details
- A current balance on all existing mortgages.
- A current escrow balance on all existing mortgages.
- Current property tax amounts.
- A current homeowners insurance policy detailing the address of the covered property, dwelling coverage, along with the premium amounts and date of renewal.
- Owner's Policy of Title Insurance that protects you against any unforeseen property title issues.
- Do you own your home or property and do not have a current loan against the property? Please provide a copy of the Warranty Deed of the subject property.
A complete list of all employers for the last two years, including:
Personal Information Required
- Valid employment dates
- Human resource office phone numbers for each employer
- W-2 forms (prior two years)
- Valid paycheck stubs (prior 30 days)
- Tax returns (prior two years) – self-employed individuals should include schedules if 25% or more ownership is held
- Any previous addresses (prior two years), if applicable.
- Valid photo identification (a federal requirement for financial institutions at account opening).
- All outstanding debt and creditors, including account numbers, current balance(s), and all monthly payments (i.e., credit card(s), student loans, and car loans).
- Valid banking statements (prior two months), including financial institution name/address/balances and account numbers for all accounts.
- All account statements for assets, including employer-provided 401k, mutual funds, stocks, or any type of IRA account.
- If you are divorced, please bring a copy of the official divorce decree/property settlement agreement.
- If applicable, bankruptcy/discharge papers.
- A valid, personal check or credit card number to pay for the credit report and appraisal.
Please know our Home Loan Consultants are ready to assist you. We always maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and security with your personal information.