Home Purchase Checklist
If you are ready to pursue a home loan through First Bank Mortgage, here is a quick list of items we will need from you to begin the loan process.
- Personal check to pay for appraisal and credit report
- Name and address of all employers for the last 2 years including dates of employment and the human resource office phone number
- Account numbers, balances and monthly payments for all outstanding creditors. Common examples might be a credit card, car loan or a student loan.
- Your previous addresses for the past 2 years (if applicable)
- Photo identification (a federal financial institution requirement for any individual who opens an account)
- W-2 forms - prior two years
- Paycheck stubs covering your most recent 30 days of employment
- Bank statements - prior two months. Must include the financial institution name, address, specific account numbers and your account balance amounts.
- Asset account statements. Common examples include any type of IRA, 401K, mutual funds and stock investments.
Copy of complete divorce decree (if applicable)
Tax returns for the past two years. We will need to see all schedules for self-employed individuals with 25% or more ownership.
Copy of the listing, purchase agreement, or closing statement for your present home that is for sale or already sold.
Bankruptcy and discharge papers (if applicable)
Purchase agreement and all addendum signed by the buyer and seller if you are purchasing a home
Realtor information - we will need the realtor name and their primary contact information
Property information listing sheet or computer print-out indicating lot size, taxes, square footage and year built
Seller’s disclosure for home you are buying (Applies for VA & FHA Loans)
Certificate of eligibility (Applies for a VA Loan)
- Copy of Warranty Deed (If subject property is owned free and clear)
- Phone number and address of your licensed builder, blueprint plans, legal description of lot, build specifications and a copy of the contract (New Home Construction Only)